PLACE OF TRAINING: DAKAR (SENEGAL)
- PERIOD OF TRAINING: 20/01/2020 to 14/02/2020;
- SUBMISSION OF CANDIDATURES: 01/10/2019 to 21/10/2019 at 13:00 GMT.
- There is no fee for submitting your application;
- There is no registration fee for training once you are selected;
- If you are selected, the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center will take care of your plane ticket, accommodation and catering.
Are you a young woman working or involved in the African energy ecosystem? Do you want to improve your career and take off? Are you ready to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your professional networks, capture new opportunities and demonstrate your desire to take on a greater role as a leader in this field?
Then apply to the Power Africa program of the Regional Leadership Center YALI Dakar to receive vocational training targeting young women leaders in the energy sector.
Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector.
The training will focus on core leadership skills as well as entrepreneurship and public management in the energy sector.
CANDIDATES MUST RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- be a woman aged 18 to 35 on the dates scheduled for the session;
- to be able to express themselves in French;
- have experience in the energy sector;
- work in the energy sector in Africa or carry a project in the field;
- demonstrate a commitment to making a positive impact on their community, their country and the African continent;
- Ability to fully and seriously engage in a residential training program in Dakar, Senegal for four (4) weeks;
- Resident and national of one of the following 25 African countries : BENIN, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, COTE D’IVOIRE, DJIBOUTI, GABON, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, EQUATORIAL GUINEA , MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, REPUBLIC OF CONGO, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SENEGAL, SEYCHELLES, CHAD and TOGO ;
- have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the 16 following countries: BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, DJIBOUTI, GABON, EQUATORIAL GUINEA , MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, REPUBLIC OF CONGO, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SEYCHELLES AND CHAD.
- have a passport or a piece of ID readable with a validity of 6 months minimum (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the following 9 countries: BENIN, BURKINA FASO, COTE D’IVOIRE, REPUBLIC GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, MALI, MAURITANIA, SENEGAL and TOGO
Eligible and encouraged to participate are young women from rural areas who are disabled, economically disadvantaged or from other minorities.
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
- Go to www.yaliafriquedelouest.org and click on the button Then create an account or sign in if you have already created an account for the power africa program.
- If you have any questions or are having trouble submitting your application, please contact us at email@example.com ;
All costs related to the training are supported by the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center thanks to the support of the partners.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT POWER AFRICA: –
Visit the official POWER AFRICA website ( https://www.usaid.gov/powerafrica )
TO BE INFORMED OF ACTIVITIES FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL NETWORKS: